The Concise Legacy Book is the first in the Golden series.
The Concise Legacy is an advice given by Ahmed ibn Taymiyyah on matters which will set right one’s affairs of the deen (religion) and dunyaa (world). The framework for this advice is provided by the advice of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) to Mu’aadh ibn Jabal (May Allah be pleased with him). “O Mu’aadh, fear Allah wherever you are, and follow up a bad deed with a good one and it will wipe it out, and behave well towards people.” (Tirmidhee) The advice contained in this book covers what would make one attain the good of this world and the hereafter insha Allah. Other than being a discourse of how a servant can remain attached to his Lord, the advice contained in this book also focuses on interpersonal relationship between human beings i-e being good to others by giving them their rights, being just to them etc.
What I have learned from it are:
- Follow up a bad deed with a good deed such as charity, fasting, prayer, enjoining good and forbidding evil, sacrifice and freeing a slave.
- Meaning of Ikhlaas
- The best goal is trust. To trust Allaah and have a good opinion of Him
- To make Istikhara for even small decisions because small decisions lead to a bigger problem or decision.
- And whoever Allah guides – he is the [rightly] guided; and whoever He sends astray – you will never find for them protectors besides Him [17:97]
- A misguided person seeking knowledge from books will become confused if Allaah doesn’t guide him.